Enamel Bonding and Recontouring
Improve the strength and appearance of your natural teeth with enamel bonding and recontouring treatments at Currie & Gribben. Bonding is the addition of a tooth coloured composite resin to enhance the appearance and function of the front teeth, giving patients a great smile.
Composite bonding can be used to;
- To repair chipped or worn teeth
- To improve the appearance of discoloured teeth
- To enhance the shape of teeth
- To make teeth longer
- To close spaces between teeth
- After orthodontic treatment to enhance the smile further
- After gum treatment – to mask black triangles between teeth caused by gum recession
- To protect the portion of the tooth root that has been exposed when the gums are receded
How does bonding work?
In most cases very minimal to no preparation of the tooth structure is needed. Local anaesthesia or freezing often is not necessary.
Unlike veneers which are manufactured in the laboratory, bonding treatments are generally done in a single visit at the surgery. In certain larger cases where multiple teeth needed bonding, we may need more than one appointment for the bonding process.
Caring for bonded teeth
The composite resin used is nearly as strong as your natural teeth. At Currie & Gribben we’re confident your restorations will last for several years. The length of time your bonding will last and look its best depends on how well the patient cares for them so it’s important to follow our expert clinicians instructions.